Tuesday, September 25, 2007

News

I decided to get up and do something instead of just sitting and worrying about the Brad situation. I put my veggie soup together and it's on the stove cooking. I wish I had a crock pot because it would be nice to just leave it in there and not have to worry about it. Anyway, at least I got it made. I looked over the recipe for dinner tonight. It's just a chicken stir fry. I can handle that. I'll make some brown rice with it. The house smells good now that the soup is cooking. Yum-yum!

David should be home soon. I'm sure that he will be glad to come in the door and smell something cooking.

The President of Iran is in the country speaking at the UN today. He spoke at Columbia University yesterday. It's kind of interesting because we really wouldn't be allowed to go into Iran and speak freely and he puts our country down, but he can come here and speak freely and it doesn't seem to clue him in to what real freedom is. He's kind of a scary man because he believes that the Haulocast never happened. I'm not sure what his thought is on that but anyone, who knows anything about history, that doesn't believe the Haulocast happened it kind of out in left field. He wanted to go to Ground Zero in New York City but he wasn't allowed to. I'm glad they didn't let him go there. It's a sacred place. Wonder why he really wanted to go there? I'm sure he doesn't really care to pay his respects, so I wonder why going there would be on his agenda. I'm sure it would make for interesting news back in Iran.

I've sort of been keeping up with the Presidential race. There are so many candidates right now that it's hard to stay on top of it. Lynn and I were discussing whether a woman could be President at this time. I'm not sure how I feel about a woman being the leade of our country. It's always a bit scary electing a new President. The transition in our country and government can sometimes be rough. I'm going to try to keep up on the race from this point on.

Well, David is home so I need to go for now.

No comments: