Saturday, September 29, 2007

A challenge

I was just over on Mary Hunt's blog (http://www.moneyrulesdebtstinks.com) and she is suggesting that people join her in Frugal Week (Oct 1-7) and 'for seven days all participants will commit to a specific and challenging frugal behavior of their choice.' I've committed to:

1. not using the debit card all week,
2. drinking only water all week (no juice) and
3. eating all meals at home and from what's on hand

I'll have to pick up a few things tomorrow to make this happen (mostly my stuff for smoothies). It will be a good challenge for me. Lots of people are giving up pop, snacks and coffee. Mary has committed to not spending ANY money that week (she'll be traveling too!). If I had more than one day to plan I might try not spending at all, but I only have tomorrow to get ready for the challenge. I'll try to keep spending to a minimum though. My Jeep has a full tank of gas, so I won't have to spend any money on that. I have plenty of food in the house so meals shouldn't be an issue. I'll only need to get smoothie mix and bananas so I can have a smoothie every morning after my walk. Lunch is still a difficult meal for me to figure out but maybe this week will give me a chance to work on my creativity. I already have plenty of stuff for main meals. I should be okay too just drinking water (no juice). I'm way over budget this month (September) anyway, so I should try to really curb the budget this coming month. I'll have to remember to check in on Mary's blog this week

Just finished up putting away the delicates. The towels are in the dryer. I'll probably finish those up in the morning since it's already 9:30pm. They won't be dry until well after 10pm. I don't anticipate staying up that late tonight. I'm going to go get ready for bed now. I'm looking forward to my walk in the morning. I hope it's not too cool or windy out. Either way, I'll just bundle up and go walk. Goodnight.

No comments: