Friday, September 28, 2007

Ducks

The dreaded shower is done. Why do I dread it when it always makes me feel so good? ~shakes head~ I had my smoothie before I took my shower. Imagine that - I did things out of order! ~lol~ Seriously though, I do feel like there is a particular order to things and that when I do them 'out of order' I feel weird. I don't just want my ducks in a row, I want them in the correct column too. Perfectionism. That's what it is. I get so nervous about doing things out of order that I end up not doing anything at all sometimes. But I've been doing well lately. Going for a morning walk, drinking a smoothie for breakfast and getting my shower done as early as I can is now becoming a part of my every day routine. As I get more comfortable with it I'll add in other things to the routine. Babysteps. There are plenty of things that need to be done around here, but like I said earlier, I'm going to take it nice and slow today and not push myself.

The sky is overcast today. I love days like this. I wouldn't mind getting a day of steady rain but I'm not looking forward to the colder weather getting here. I think I'm already stressing out over the impending winter weather. I need to let that go and just enjoy today.

No comments: