Saturday, September 29, 2007

How beautiful it is to nap

I just woke up from a well deserved afternoon nap. Why was it well deserved? It was well deserved because I had a productive morning. I went for my morning walk and listened to the book on tape I have from the library (Stephen King). I jumped in the shower when I got home from my walk today. I didn't procrastinate today. Go Me! After my shower, I made my smoothie and shared it with David. It was delicious.

It's very easy to make. First, I add some ice to the blender. Second I add my fruit (usually a banana and some frozen raspberries). Third, I add my vanilla smoothie mix and last, I add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. Then I just blend it together. I pour it in my cup and then I wash the blender out. I follow Marla's suggestion to add some water to the blender, then a bit of soap and blend to clean it. It works like a charm. I set it on a towel on the counter to let it air dry so it is ready when I need it the next day.

Laundry was next on the list. I sorted the clothes into four, small piles. The less there is in a load of laundry the quicker it dries and the faster I can get it put away. If there if a large load of laundry I tend to procrastinate about putting it away. Speaking of laundry, the dryer just buzzed. The shirts are dry. I need to go hang them up.

I took the shirts out of the dryer and hung them all up.

Emptying and reloading the dishwasher came after the laundry this morning. It took a lot less time than I thought it would take to get all the clean dishes put away and the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

It was a cool, autumn morning so I thought I would take advantage of the weather and get out in the back yard early to clean up after the dogs. Even though it was sunny and cool, I was glad to get that finished. The girls were out in the yard with me. For a few seconds, they were both resting in the grass. I wish the camera had been out there, but it was in the house. I would not have had enough time to get it before they got up. As soon as they would have seen me going for the door, they would have jumped up and followed me. They looked gorgeous sitting in the green grass.

Huxley and Blitz did follow me into the house once I was done in the back yard. They headed for the bedroom not too long after coming in the house. I followed them this time. I opened the window on my side of the bed and the fall breeze came rushing in. It was a perfect time for a nap. I didn't think that I would fall asleep but I drifted off quickly. The wind, beating the flag on the pole, woke me occaissionally. In seconds, I was able to sink back into my nap. The dogs slept with us and were kind enough to leave me enough room on the bed and adequate covers to buffet the cool breeze. David and the girls are still sleeping.

I'm continuing to plug away at the laundry. The jeans and sweats are in the dryer and the delicates are in the washer. I like getting the laundry out of the way.

I've been putting off making a home made dinner the last couple of nights. Thursday night we had steak and cheese sandwishes from Trivelli's and last night we had cereal. I didn't wake up from my Friday afternoon nap until almost 6:15pm and 'Ghost Whisperer' came on at 7pm. So, we had cereal for dinner. I did have the veggie soup in there, but I didn't feel like eating soup last night. I think the reason I've been hesitant to make dinner at home is that the next recipe is for Tomato Pork Chops and I'm not sure if I will like that or not. I guess I could just cook regular pork chops and not worry about having to make that recipe. There are options.

I must check to see which bills are currently due. I'm having some difficulty getting bills paid on time because I am using web bill pay. I enter them into the web bill pay system later than I should and they are not sent on time. It will take some hands-on experience with the online system to figure out when to enter the bills for scheduled payment. I'll be on top of it soon enough.

The wind has picked up. The porch swing rocks back and forth with it's unseen guests. The sky is full of rain clouds, but that doesn't mean we will get any rain here. We could use some rain today. Of course, if it rains, then David won't be able to mow the lawn. I'm sure that would break his little heart. ;-)

It's too early to start dinner, but I can start thinking about how I'm goiing to cook those pork chops. I'll reread the recipe and see if it seems like something that would appeal to me. I'm not very hungry right now and thinking about eating pork chops isn't making me full any less full.

David is awake and out of bed now. Dyrk just called and wanted to talk to him and I brought the phone in to him. They girls, however, are still in bed. Oh, wait a second, they just got up too. Now everyone is up from the Saturday afternoon nap.

So, the laundry continues, the dishwasher will be started after dinner tonight and... hold on. David just asked if we could go get something to eat. I'd like to tell him that we really can't afford to keep eating out and we have plenty of food here, but he'll get angry because he's been in a grumpy mood lately. I don't want to deal with that, so I guess we'll go get something to eat.

No comments: