Monday, September 24, 2007

It is beautiful to do nothing...

Doing that test today really tired me out and dehydrated me. I took a nap this afternoon and sat around a lot. When David got home I went in to take another nap. He didn't get home until 4pm today because he has the duty pager. I didn't get up until after 7pm! Can you imagine? So I didn't get a chance to make dinner tonight. We had cereal (again!). I realized that what Leanne said is true: having the soup available for times like this is necessary. If I had made the soup ahead of time, I would have had something healthy and easy for dinner tonight. Learning experience. I'll get some soup make tomorrow. I don't have any plans for tomorrow, so I'll have time to make it. The soup for this weeks menu is a Garlicy Vegatable Soup. I can see now how this all goes together. Leanne knows that we're not going to make dinner every night (we are SHE's aren't we) so she had something healthy in the back up plan. It's nice that she thinks ahead for us when we can't think ahead for ourselves. She does know what she's doing. LOL



So now that I know the importance of the soup I'll make sure it gets done every week.

Not much activity on the forum or group this evening. Pretty slow night. That's okay, I'm still feeling pretty tired and not thinking 100%. I do need to get some things done around here tomorrow if I can. I have some laundry in the dryer but I'm going to leave it until tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting my walk in tomorrow because I have that Stephen King book on tape. It's a total of 6 hours, so it will take me a bit of walking to get through it. I think it will take about 20 walks to finish it!

I feel bad tonight about not getting a healthy dinner. Especially since David works so hard all day and looks forward to a nice dinner at night. I've really got to get that soup thing going. I also might put a few meals in the freezer so on nights like tonight, when I'm not up to cooking, I can still have something of substance (meaning: not cereal). Lenne has a menu called FFF - Five For the Freezer. I might take a look at that and get 5 meals in the freezer for times like this. I've done the monthly cooking before so doing 5 meals shouldn't be too taxing. I think one of the reasons I have put off making the planned dinner is because I'm substituting chicken for shrimp and since I'm doing that then I'm not making if 'perfectly'. At least I realize what's going on and can do something about it now. I need to just go over the recipe so I'm not so afraid of cooking it (Ginger Chicken something or other).

I just checked out the FFFMM. I don't know that I would need to order it because I have plenty of recipes for the freezer already (from my once a month cooking days). I could try it on my own and if it doesn't work then I could go to the MM. The nice thing about the MM is that it has the recipes and the shopping list included. But just doing 5 freezer meals shouldn't be that difficult. I'd only have to do that once a month or so. And I could also make different things instead of just 5 chicken or 5 beef meals.

It's 9:15. Think I'll get ready for bed. I'm really proud of myself for getting out there and walking this morning, especially since I had an appointment scheduled. Go Me!!

No comments: