Friday, September 21, 2007

Radio Show recaps

I've heard from MJ, Patricia, Bonnie and Terry about the get together on Sunday. MJ and Bonnie are on the list. Patricia and Terry are going to try to be there (and may each bring a friend). MJ will be bringing her DH. I'm going to bring my DH. So it should be a nice little get together.

I went back and listened to the FlyShow's from 8/16, 9/6, 9/13 and 9/20 (the ones where I called in to discuss Body Clutter). Here's a synopsis of my calls for each show:

8/16/2007 Segment 4 (World Talk Radio): I told Leanne and Leslie that I am a picky eater and I'm not exercising. Leanne suggested that I try new foods, download the BCMM, eat my vegatables, swap out foods I don't like (like chicken for fish), eat frequent, smaller meals 5-6 times a day, watch serving sizes, exercise each day, get a good pair of walking shoes, drink lots of water, drink a 1/2 bottle of water before meals to suppress my appetite, have a smoothie for breakfast, eat half of what's on the plate, except veggies - eat them all, eat at least one raw thing or a salad every day, invest in a good, powerful blender, get the smoothie recipe from savingdinner.com, feel good about who I am today.

I signed up for the BCMM.
I bought some new foods (eggplant, salmon)
I already eat my vegatables, put I'm adding in more veggies
I started eating more frequent, smaller meals
I'm watching serving sizes
I started walking a mile+ a day
I already have a good pair of walking shoes
I'm drinking more water
I'm eating at least one raw fruit or veggie every day
I bought a Kitchen Aid blender (very nice!)
I emailed savingdinner.com and requested the smoothie recipe

9/6/2007 10 min, 15 sec (Blog Talk Radio): called back to follow up on BC issues; I told Marla and Leanne that I'm walking each day (1.2 miles/day), losing BC, I'd signed up for the BCMM and I have been drinking more water

Leanne suggested that I make the BCMM soup recipe each week, it can be used for a make up day (had too much the day before); it's all about balance

Marla said that my grocery bill will go down using the BCMM (instead of shopping every day)

I told them that I'm trying foods that I had never tried before

Leanne said that eating better would make my skin look bettter, reduce belly fat; my taste for processed foods will decrease as I eat better foods

Leanne told me to call in every week to check in; Marla said it would hold me accountable

They told me to download the Body Clutter Investigator and start tracking what I'm eating, doing

9/13/2007 1:43:33 (BTR): weekly call on BC; they asked how I was doing this week and I told them that I struggling, I'm good with preparation, not so good with follow through; is it my perfectionism? Leanne asked for an example of my preparation/follow through problem: I bought the blender, ingredients and got the recipe for the breakfast smoothie but I hadn't made the smoothie because I didn't want to hassle with cleaning the blender (Leanne said: 'oh well'); I was trying to get ready 'perfectly'; Leanne said that I have my tools, now it's time to dig in

Suggestiongs:
have a smoothe every morning (I am)
put the BCI in the CJ; helps chart progress (no shaming, no perfectionism) (doing this)
put a calendar over the bathroom scale so I can write my daily weight on it (doing this)
jump in and start doing it (Marla)
think of how I can incorporate these things into my morning routine (thought about it)
breakfast = smoothie
make the soup weekly (not doing it yet)
incorporate little changes (doing this)
clean the blender with hot water and soap blended around; let it air dry (doing this)
I thanked Leanne for putting me in her newsletter, I am honored
Marla said I'm an example to other flybabies
journal about issues (I'm doing this blog)

I told them I wasn't going to call in this day because I didn't have good things to say; Marlas said that if it's happening to me it's happening to other people too; They both said they are proud of me

After the call Marla said that it took a lot for me to call in and that I killed some perfectionism by calling in

9/20/2007 34:23 (BTR): Marla talked about how she moved her workout time to the evening because that's what works for her (it wasn't fitting into her morning routine, it was like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole), doing it in the evening was fitting her routine

They talked about doing interval training (Jonathan Roche/momentumfs.com); being fit is for living not for an event

My Call:
they asked how my week was going and I told them that I had a 'wonderful week', I've continuted walking, I've started drinking smoothies for breakfast (Leanne called them 'total sin in a glass), I'm using the BCI (awareness), and my BC is going down.

I was trying to fit my routine into the routine that Marla sends to us in email; I finally figured out my own routine, perfectionism made me try to do each email 'perfectly'; Marla said that emails were just reminders, checklist

I told Leanne that I was honored to be in the newsletter; Leanne called me the 'Weekly Gal' and told me to call in every week

They asked me if I was using soap to clean the blender - YES! because I was fitting it into my routine; they told me to adjust/adapt to fit things into my lifestyle; mold the routines around my lifestyle

They asked if I was going to attend the FlyFest in Brevard. I told them that unfortunately I was not able to attend but that I was getting together this weekend with other flybabies; Marla said to give everyone a hug from her and Leanne

After the call, Leanne said "I love her calls. They are so encouraging"

During Taylor's call (56:45) they said that like Samantha she should see how routine fits for you and your lifestyle

Even though I'm not feeling great today I still went for my walk and had a smoothie for breakfast. I'm feeling very tired today and need to take it easy. No get together at Lisa's today because she's not feeling good and needs to save her voice for a gig tonight (Brian Fenimore conference). I miss visiting with her and I also miss having scones, but she really needs to rest today. We won't be meeting on Sunday, so I probably won't see her until the beginning of next week. Sunday is the afternoon get together with other Flybabies so that will fill the day.

I wish I felt better today, but since I don't I'm going to take care of myself and not try to overdo it.

I'm using the BCMM and we'll be having Turkey Ratatoille (sp?) for dinner (which includes eggplant ~yikes~ I hope I like it).

Lunch time. I'm going to check the BCMM to see what the options are for lunch. Later.

No comments: