Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hmmm...

Why is it that David will often say something about things he thinks I have not done (dusting, today it's vacuuming) but he rarely says anything about the things that I do get done? I feel frustated and bad. I think he picks on me when he has to do stuff around the house. He doesn't like that he's doing something and to him, I'm not doing anything. I get stuff done, I just take frequent breaks while he powers through what he's doing (painting right now) without taking breaks. I really feel like he's being mean pointing out all the things that I haven't done yet. I know that I don't get as much done as I would like to each day, but things certainly are better than they used to be. The house is NOT a disaster, but it does need some blessing. I don't think he knows how difficult it is for me to clean the house. I do my best, but right now I'm feeling like that just is not good enough. I don't want to sound like I'm blaming him, because I'm not. He's just frustrated with the pet hair all over the place (as am I). I guess I just have to really focus on the zone work from here on out. It's not going to all get done in a day. I'm just not going to overwhelm myself and put too much on myself doing cleaning. If I do, I'll end up never getting it done because I will dread doing it.

I know that he doesn't mean anything by what he's saying. I'm just sensitive because I feel like I'm getting so much done but it never seems to be the stuff he wants me to get done. Oh well.

No comments: