Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Dinner Diva writes about me...

Leanne sent out an email about Body Clutter and she mentioned me! Here's what she wrote:

"Last week on our radio show (The FLY Show-FlyLady, Leanne and You), we had a repeat call from Samantha who has been battling her body clutter. Samantha was giving us her progress report on how she was doing. She is so excited about the new, healthy foods she's eating and the movement (exercise) she's created room for in her life. She's kept it simple, she's babystepping for sure, but she's seeing progress and that in turn, has made her positively joyful.
That's the key-joy. Instead of having the all or nothing attitude and eating a regimented "diet" and taking exercise to an Olympic athlete's level on the first week, she made a decision to start incorporating little things into her life, like smaller, more frequent meals (she's not starving anymore) and walking (she is up to a 1 1/2 miles a day!). She's doing things that aren't hard and don't demand a 100%, about face, lifestyle change today. She's added healthy habits to her daily routine and the result has been an improved self-esteem, joy in her accomplishment and not surprisingly, a drop in body clutter."

"4) Move It Ladies! I don't care what you do, how you do it, how long you do it for, but you gotta move. Samantha started walking outside of her house for 5 minutes and then had to get back, so she started with 10 minutes of walking. The key again is just starting. Don't worry about the weather-if it's too hot, rainy, cold or whatever, just march in place while watching TV at commercial time-it will add up! There is a way to get moving, just do it!"

Pretty cool, huh? I am honored that she mentioned me in an email that she sent out to all of her subscribers. I'm hoping to call in tomorrow, but I haven't been able to log on to BTR this week. :-( I really want to let Leanne and Marla know that I am walking each day and drinking my protein smoothie for breakfast, along with using the body clutter investigator each day. I also want to let them know that I have finally figured out my daily routines and I indeed had to add the walk and smoothie into the daily routine to get them accomplished.

I am taking babysteps. I am not pushing myself to make every change, right now. I'd just be setting myself up to fail if I did that.

No comments: