Sunday, November 4, 2007

Working at getting a part-time job

I've applied for a few more jobs this weekend. I have to apply in person for one of them tomorrow. For another one, I have an interview on Wednesday. On Wednesday I also have to call Tracy @ CSHP HR to see where things stand. I'll be disappointed if I don't at least get to the second interview. It's been a quiet weekend. I've been in the whole time. David worked OT yesterday morning and this morning. That'll help the bottom line. I'm going to try to spend only $25 per week on groceries through the holidays. Turkeys should go on sale this week. I'd like to get a four or five dollar turkey. I have a menu from the Dinner Diva. It looks yummy. I'm not going to go overboard making stuff though. I'll pare it down to just the essentials: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggie, gravy (probably I'll make pan gravy this year), and something for desert (maybe a pumpkin bread). That sounds good. I could do a cheesecake because I have 3 things of cream cheese in the freezer. I'll have to see what the ingredients are for the cheesecake. If I have most of the ingrediments then I'll make cheesecake. We have so much food on hand that I shouldn't have to buy too much over the next few weeks. I do need to get milk, bread, apples and bananas. We decided to day that we are only going to get gifts for the grandkids this Christmas. We'll probably get Dylan some Lincoln Logs and we'll get a Sock Monkey for Aspen. That's it. I have to check to see if I have any christmas cards (I'm sure I do) and if I have enough stamps. I'll probably have to get some more stamps now that Brad is in jail again. I like to write to him often. I may scale it back and only write to him 2x a week. I wrote to him every day last time he was in jail. I have plenty of stamps for now but I'll need a few for christmas cards. I'm not going to send out as many cards as I usually do either. I'm just going to send to family (Cork & family, Ronnie & Ronda, Aunt Francis, Aunt Freda, Uncle Skippy, the Kerr's and Brad. That should be about 10 cards total. Usually I send out about 50 or more. Yikes! Postage alone would be over $20. I'm going to go look and see if I have cards. BRB.



Couldn't find any cards. So, I'll have to buy a small box of them at Wal-mart or Walgreens. My creche is in the christmas bin. I think I'll try to sell that on craigslist. I don't use it anymore. I'll have to see what a fair price would be for it. BRB.



Looks like I should ask $15 for it and try to get $10. That'll be an extra ten that I can use for holiday groceries. I'm also going to ask David about the drill press he got brand new for his 35th work anniversary. I don't know that he will have any use for it. But if he doesn't want to sell it, then I'll be okay with that. I've thought about selling the table and chairs. We never sit there so it's kind of just a filler. I could look at selling the light above the table too. It's beautiful, but again, we rarely use it. We've got to be gazelle intense about making money to pay off debt. That's why I'm trying to get a part time job. I have to be careful about how much I make though. If I make over $900 (2007) or $940 (2008) then I'll lose my benefits. They'll also do a medical review sooner if I don't get a job through Voc Rehab. If I use Voc Rehab, there won't be any review. I don't go there for about a week and a half. I do my skills assessment at PPWFC this coming Friday morning. That will help me with getting a job (if I don't have one by then). I'm fairly nervous about applying for more jobs. There's one that I applied for and I don't remember if it's part-time or not. I sent an email to the owner of the business and asked him but I haven't heard back from him yet. I really would like to get a job close to home so driving/gas won't be an issue this winter. Gas prices have gone up again. There is no rhyme or reason for the way gas prices go up and down. It's about $2.90 a gallon right now. And I only have a quarter of a tank of gas. I'll have to fill up soon. That will throw a wrench in the budget. I do have some money coming in though. I should clear about $30 on the stuff I sold on eBay. I'm expecting another $80 from Vonage. Hope they don't drag their heels on sending it. Then I'll put a few more things on craigslist. I will also have to spend a few bucks at Goodwill to get a pair of pants that fit. The two pair that I have are almost falling off of me. lol I haven't walked for a few days now. I'm going to get back to it tomorrow morning. I need to do my walking at least 5 days a week. I guess I could try to sell the jeans I have on craigslist for $5 a pair. Who knows, they just might sell. I also have to cover postage for the two packages I'm going to ship out tomorrow. That'll probably take all the cash I have. I may have to use the debit card to pay for it since I need to get some stamps too. I'll have to think about all of this. I know Vonage got my package because I got delivery confirmation on it. They should open it tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on how long they take to refund my money. They better not jerk me around.



I've been watching Nascar most of the day. I love Nascar. I've also been watching the Patriots game too. Score is 24-20 New England. Woohoo! Unfortunately, on Nascar, Tony Stewart isn't having a great day. It's still fun to watch though.



We turned the clocks back this morning. It's just after 5pm and it's already getting dark out. I hate that it gets dark so early. I have trouble driving at night. I'm not comfortable being out there at night driving anymore. That's why I want to get a job close to home. Especially with the snow coming.



David and the girls are in taking a nap. I need to get dinner going here in just a bit. It feels like we're having dinner really late tonight. lol We're actually probably going to eat earlier than usual. Tonight I'm going to make ground turkey, rice and celery. Mmm, mmm, mmm. It tastes so yummy. Think I'll go put the turkey on. BRB.



Okay, I've got everything cooking. It'll just be a few minutes and it will be done. It's good to have dinner taken care of already. And there will be plenty for David to take leftovers for lunch tomorrow. He's been doing well with his $20 a week. He spends it mostly on breakfast at work and chew. He did have to get gas today. It was about $34 dollars I think. Yep, $34. Now he has a full tank and that should last him for at least a week and a half. But like I said earlier, I definitely will have to get gas sometime soon. Especially since I'll be driving around for the part-time job stuff. Time for dinner.

No comments: