Friday, November 9, 2007

I might have the job!

I got up early and went to my skills assessment class at PPWFC. The whole thing took about 3 hours. A good percentage of it was fairly difficult. I did complete the test and scored well on the 3 categories - math, reading, location. I'll get to pick up my certificate next Wednesday. I am getting a silver certificate. After class I went home and let the dogs out. They were anxious to get out. I let them back in and then left to do errands. I dropped off the book on tape at the Library. I wasn't able to pick up those books because they both are reference materials. I stopped for gas and at the CU. After I did my errands I went over to Lisa's. We had a nice time. When I got home there was a message on the phone from CSHP. Tracy in HR called and asked me to call here back. She sounded positive so maybe I got the job. I called back but she was already gone for the day. I left a message for her to call me back. I'm assuming that she won't call until Monday. I can't believe I missed that call. I should have forwarded the home phone to my cell phone. Grrrr! Oh yeah, and they called Lisa for a reference. She was nice enough to give me a good reference. Any time the phone rings I want it to be the HR person telling me I got the job and I need to schedule employee pre-screening and drug testing. I'm sure I won't hear from her until Monday. And hopefully she'll call early on Monday. If I didn't get the job I'd like to know as soon as possible. David is at hockey tonight. I miss him. I'm ready for bed and I know he'll have to sit up for a while to unwind. He's going to get in some OT tomorrow and maybe Sunday. He'll probably work 4 hours each day. We really need the OT money. It's helping out so much. It's hard for me to believe that I might be working in a week and a half. I did do okay with sitting there for three hours today to do that skills assessment. But I'm tired tonight and my allergies are making me feel sick. I really need to get some sleep.

No comments: