Thursday, November 8, 2007

Interview went really well!

I had my interview with CSHP this morning. I think it went well. I was interviewed by the head of the lab department and the head of the radiology department. I was able to answer all of their questions and even had a chance to ask questions of my own. I feel like I would be a good fit for the job. If I'm offered the job, I'd start on November 19th, 11 days from now. They said that HR would notify me by the beginning of next week. I have to admit that I'll be disappointed if I don't get the position, but if I don't I'll just keep looking. I'm going to have to brush up on my lab and radiology codes and procedures. I'll look and see if they have anything at the library since I'm going there tomorrow to drop off that Stephen King book on tape. I never finished it. It didn't grab my attention like the other one did. I'm really nervous about waiting to hear from CSHP HR. I so want this job. I did pray though, that if it's not the right job for me that God would completely shut the door on it. I don't always know what's best but He does. I wish they'd make a quick decision and I'd get a call tomorrow. I just have to be patient I guess.

Tomorrow morning I go to PPWFC and do a skills assessment test. That should be fun. If I do well I'll forward that to CSHP HR. Couldn't hurt. If I don't fair too well then I won't send it to them. Then tomorrow afternoon I'll be going over to Lisa's for scone church. I'm looking forward to that. She invited us over for Thanksgiving. We accepted. I won't have to buy a big meal then. I'm not sure what I'll bring but it will be less expensive than doing a whole meal for just the two of us.

David and the girls are already in bed. I'll be heading there pretty quick. I took some time tonight to reply to topics on the DR forum. Being on that forum is so helpful. It keeps me accountable in the finance department. I got paid for both the items I sold on eBay. I used the money to put some gas in the jeep, get Benadryl for the dogs and to do some grocery shopping. There's a challenge on the DR forum to keep grocery shopping to $25 a week until the first of the year. I had budgeted for $60 a week. If I can spend half that, I'll be doing good. In two weeks I go pick up the AFM unit. There will be all kinds of stuff in there. I hope I can use most of it. Whatever I can't use that's non-perishable will go to Care & Share.

I have to be up by 7am the latest tomorrow. I'll have to leave about 7:45am. I don't want to be late. I have no idea what the testing will consist of. I'm sure it's all done on the computer though. I guess there could be some writing too. I'll know when I get there. It'll be fun.

I called the recovery center and told them that I would like to be taken out of the running for their office position. I also emailed the owner that I interviewed with yesterday afternoon and told him that same thing. No need to drag it out. That way the can eliminate me and go on to the next candidate.

If I get the CSHP job, I'd be working from 7:30 - 11:30 am, Monday through Friday. They said there is a possibility of the position turning into more than part time, but that would be down the road. I won't worry about that right now. I have 9 months to make as much as I can before I have to worry about going full time or making the appropriate amount with my disability. Nine months should give me enough time to figure out if I can really go back to work, even just part-time to start. I have applied for some other jobs, some of them are full-time, just to get some more experience doing interviews. Oh yeah, they mentioned tattoos and piercings being frowned upon, so I'll have to always wear long sleeved at that job. I did stop last night and buy a $2 shirt at Goodwill. It looked really good today. Until I know what job I'm getting and what the actual dress code is, I won't buy any work clothes. There's no jeans at the CSHP job except on payday Fridays. I will have to ask, if I'm offered the job, what my pay rate will be, when I get paid and what happens with the holidays if I'm only part time. They have some days that they work only half a day but get paid for a full day (xmas eve, new years eve, sometime around Thanksgiving). Since I'd only be part-time I don't think that would apply to me.

It's 11pm. I really need to get to bed. I want to feel refreshed for the testing tomorrow. I also have an appointment next Wednesday with the Voc Rehad people. I don't know what, if anything, they will be able to do for me. At least I'll be able to go to the appointment. Unless of course the pre-employment screening and drug test for CSHP has to be done on that day. They would have all of that done by next Thursday so I could start on the following Monday (the 19th). It's nerve racking not knowing if I did well enough in the interview. I need to remember to send a thank you to Paul and Caryn for interviewing me.

Well, I'm going to go look up the lab/radiology stuff at the library and see if I can find out where to send the thank you's and then I'll head to bed. I'll be back sometime tomorrow.

No comments: