Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Another interview from H E double tooth picks

I guess I'm just not used to small business interviews. I worked for a big corporation for 12 years before I quit working 7 years ago, so I'm used to organization, structure and a professional demeanor. I never thought that I would go to an interview and the guy running the place would be in bib overalls. I have nothing against bib's or casual, I'm just not used to interviewing for a job with Uncle Bob. lol This afternoon's interview went well despite the fashion faux pas. lol It turned out to be a business in this guys home. He does construction and remodeling and has an online business as well. He does large volumes of work on eBay. Basically I'd be the office girl - filing, data entry, computers, phones, etc. It's definitely something that I can handle. The pay isn't very good ($8/hr to start) and he pays in cash and doesn't do 1099's. I assume I'd be responsible for taxes and such. Not sure how that would work yet. He is the kind of guy who just wants to cut through the cr*p and get to the bottom line. He said that in his business it was 'his way or the highway'. Yikes! Not sure if that's a good sign or not. Anyway, he won't make a decision until the beginning of next week. I guess because I'm not totally into the job, I'm not very nervous about whether I would be offered the job or not. I was hoping this would give me some experience interviewing so I would do well tomorrow morning at the job I really want. Nope. He doesn't care about resume's, he doesn't take you at your word re: what skills you posess and he wanted to tell me the way things were going to be (versus interviewing me). What the heck am I doing wrong to deserve these nightmare interviews? lol ~sigh~ Well, at least he wasn't late for the interview and he didn't eat while we were meeting. I have to be grateful for the little things. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's interview because I know it's with a large company and I'll feel like I fit in better there. Please pray for me. lol

No comments: