Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Job interview nightmare

I had another interview last night at a recovery center. The whole interview was, hmmm, how should I word this? A joke! They were late getting to the interview because they were at Subway. They didn't formally introduce themselves. They ate what they got at Subway DURING the interview. One of the girls left the interview, just minutes in, to take a personal phone call. The girl I was left with told me she wasn't prepared for the interview and didn't learn about until late in the day. She had no idea what questions to ask me. The one who took a personal call came back in and continuted eating while talking to the other girl. I felt like I wasn't even there. They didn't seem to be able to tell me much about the job. What a nightmare! Turns out it wasn't even for a permanent part-time job, but for an on-call job. The girl who was allegedly interviewing me was the one who was going to leave, but she decided to stay, for now. It was very confusing. And comical in a way. At the end they asked me if I had any questions. I told them that I did. I got to ask one question before they stopped me and ended the interview. Huh? The whole thing took less than 20 minutes. What a waste of time. I still have to call them and let them know that I don't want the position. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

On the brighter side, I got a call from CSHP and they want me to come in for a second interview! Woohoo!! I am so excited! The interview is tomorrow morning at 9am at the Central office. I can't wait. I really feel good about this job.

This afternoon I have another interview for an office job for a home office. I don't think it's a job I want to take but I can use the interview experience. I hope this interview goes better than last night fiasco.

I have 45 minutes until I have to leave for the interview. I'll let you know how it goes after I get home. Wish me luck!

No comments: