Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bizzarre things

I woke up a bit after 8am this morning. That's sleeping in late for me. I still feel tired though. I think it's because I'm not used to taking all my medicine. I also woke up with a cough. If I get a cold, now would be the time, before I have to start work. I wonder what they do during the pre-employment screening. I know that there will be a drug test so I'm ready for that. I have my last 2 orders from the mailorder company to show what meds I take. I'm assuming they'll do a background check and have me fill out paperwork. Maybe they'll do the background check prior to me doing the paperwork. Would be kind of wasteful to do it simultaneously. If a person didn't pass then the paperwork was done for nothing. I shouldn't have any problems though. I'm just waiting for that call on Monday tellling me that they are offering me the job. I wonder if they'll offer me $11+ like the HR person said. I need to ask how often they get paid. I'll have to work that into the allocated spending plan. It will be a pleasure to have to do that. :-) I think I'll bring in about $800/month net. That will put a dent into the DR plan. First we have to get the BEF funded, then pay the family loan, then it's on to paying the jeep off.

I had a weird dream last night. I dreampt that we still had the Tundra and we were using it to haul stuff to sell at the flea market. We still had stuff left after the flea market, so we packed it into the truck and parked the truck in Aunt Frances' back yard. Well, in the dream it was stolen along with all the stuff we were going to sell. We were served with a $90,000 court action. But the guy serving me knew David and let us go without paying the $90,000. I was so upset about the truck being stolen. I was walking and driving around looking for it. Never found it though. Then David and I were on bicycles riding 'home'. Instead we ended up at a friends house where the living room was as long as a bowling alley with nice hardwood floors. In the dream I spoke to a girl who was pregnant and having problems. She didn't want to go to the ER because she would have to admit that she was pregnant. But I talked her into going so she and the baby would be safe. Then the attorney I was using to help with the truck being sold took something that I made and started a business for me. I was trying to pick out a name for the business. I wanted a name that would be interesting. Then I was on a new browser system on a weird little PC and I was trying to download pictures of the stuff that was in the truck and the truck itself. I was having difficulty getting it to print out. The browser kept going back to pages that I didn't need to be on. I think I dreampt about that because I installed FireFox last night on my PC. Anyway, that is the jist of the dream. I'm sure it means something but I can't make hide not hair of it at this point. Oh yeah, I couldn't wait, in the dream, to go onto the TMMO forum and post about the truck being stolen. I guess you know you're spending too much time on a forum when you start dreaming about it. lol

I'm feeling a bit wheezy this morning. It's either a bad case of allergies or a cold is coming on. I hope it's just allergies.

I didn't allocate any money for groceries this week. On purpose. We have tons of food in the house and we should be able to get by on it for at least a week. The only thing I'll have to buy is milk and bread. There are some other things I'd like to buy but I'll have to check out the prices first before I can justify buying them (Hershey's syrup, soy sauce, things like that). Next weekend we pick up the box from AFM. That'll probably take us through the end of the month. We're going over to Lisa's for Turkey Day so I won't have to buy a completer meal. I'll just bring something over to Lisa's to share with everyone. I'll try to make it something I already have on hand (maybe that pumpkin cheesecake). It'll be nice to not have to do massive amouints of cooking for just the two of us. I think I'll still buy a small turkey because they are only $5 at Safeway. We don't have to use it for Turkey Day. We could save it for Christmas or some other time. It's definitely worth the money if I clean off all the meat and use the carcass to make soup that I can freeze.

That made me think of Leanne (a turkey soup recipe) and the job I applied for with savingdinner.com. I haven't heard anything about that job. Oh well, I want the job down the road anyway. It's going to be so nice to work less than 2 miles from home (positive thinking). I'm sure they must have been calling to offer me the job.

Lisa told me some of the questions they asked in the reference check. Most were pretty routine and straightforward. One was bizarre though. They asked if I had any violent or ? tendencies. What the french toast? That is the weirdest question I have ever heard of in a reference check. Violent tendencies. Sheesh.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about actually working a real job. After taking that test yesterday and realizing how difficult some of it was, it made me wonder if I'll have a hard time at a job. I know it's just the jitters and I'll be fine once I'm at the job but I worry that in the last 7 years I've forgotten how to learn quickly and pick things up fast. When I think about it rationally, I know that I will do okay.

It's just a bit after nine now. I don't feel like doing a dang thing. I'm wheezy, have a tickle in my throat and I'm coughing. I need to see if I can get the girls in for grooming. They really need a bath and to have their nails trimmed. I guess I should try and call PetCo and see if they have any slots open. I'll blog more later.

No comments: