Friday, October 19, 2007

Red Sox

10/18/07 I went to the library and checked my email. I also paid the IREA bill online (the final bill). I checked into the HSA. It’s not something we can do because I have Medicare. Oh well. I also applied for a couple of jobs online through the PPWFC site. One was at Wal-Mart and one was at Best Buy. I also signed up for something at the PPWFC (can’t remember what it is lol ). I’ll need to go online tomorrow if I can and check the date and time. Oh yeah, it’s taking some tests to check my skills (reading and math stuff). Hopefully I’ll do okay. I’m trying to do what I can do get a part time job.

The girls were happy that I got home. They had been home for hours and needed to go out. They were all excited to have me home. They’ve settled down now.

Tomorrow is payday for David. The phone bill will be paid out of that. Speaking of the phone, still no service at home. I did go on the Vonage website and forwarded the home phone to my cell phone. I hope it will work. I checked voicemails and there wasn’t anything too important. You can listen to Vonage voicemails online. Pretty cool.

David should be home any time now. I’m feeling lonely today. I’m looking forward to taking a nap this afternoon. I don’t know if David will want to take a nap, but I will. I’m sure the girls will join me.

I didn’t get anything done around the house today. I have chicken out for dinner but I’m not sure what I’m going to make with it. All I have is rice and mashed potatoes. Either would be fine I guess. I have a few dollars left. I could go over to target and get some salad or another potato so I can make a baked potato. Or corn on the cob. That was really good last night.

Looks like we might get some snow this weekend. Yuck! I can’t stand when it starts to snow.

I’m going to go take my medicine so I can take a nap.

I took an hour or so long nap. The dogs got me up. I got dinner going after I woke up some. I made chicken breast and rice with soy sauce. It was delicious. Had plenty left over so David can take lunch tomorrow. I talked to Lynn before dinner and she said she’d call me back later. I watched the DR show. I’m really enjoying watching his show. I always learn something when I listen to the show. On the radio show today he talked about tithing. We have to decide what we’re going to do about tithing. Should we tithe while in debt? Is that tithing on credit? It’ll take us a lot longer to pay stuff off if we tithe the full 10%. Then there’s the issue of what to do with the tithe. We don’t have a local church so we thought about just keeping it in the account until a need comes up somewhere. I know that tithing is the right thing to do, but sometimes I can rationalize not doing it. I just want to get out of debt as soon as possible. I think of putting off the tithe for a year so we can get the BEF going, pay off the family loan and get the jeep paid off. Then we could start tithing without debt (except the house). Guess I’ll have to look at the numbers and see what we should do. Also need to pray about it. I know God will tell me what we need to do.

Our financial meeting is tomorrow morning. I’m not looking forward to it really, but it will be nice to get it over with. I’m not sure how long the meeting will last. David will probably end up taking the day off. I’m going to try to go to the library in the afternoon. I need to update my blog. I forgot to update it today. I’ll get to it tomorrow and put the last couple of days in the blog. I like spending time at the library. It’s really peaceful there and the view is spectacular. I didn’t check the DR forum today because I was busy applying for jobs, looking for auto insurance and researching HSA’s. Tomorrow I need to check with The Hartford through AARP to see what their rates are. We can also get homeowners insurance through Foremost (who we’re already with) through AARP instead of USAA. I don’t want to keep USAA because I know they will either raise rates or cancel us. I don’t want to wait for either of those situations to happen. I want to be proactive. Of course, I won’t cancel anything until I’m sure we can get reasonably priced coverage somewhere else.

I’m kind of ticked that I had to pay the IREA bill. We didn’t even own the house for the time period that the bill covers. But I wasn’t going to argue with them and go into collections. So I just paid the $30. It wasn’t in the budget but I was able to take care of it anyway. This month has just been eaten up by unexpected expenses. I hope most months aren’t like this. I think I’ll take a look at the budget, again, and see if there’s anywhere we can make cuts.

I put the full tithe in the budget. I’m not sure how much I can put towards the debt snowball doing that. I’ll have to see how the budget shakes out. I’ve already planned out what I can plan out for November’s budget. So far, so good. I’m sure there will be unexpected expenses but I think we can cover them. We’ve got to put money towards the BEF. Guess I’ll go over to the budget and put that in.

There’s an extra paycheck in November so I should be able to pay the full tithe and put $500 towards the BEF. That’ll be good. We’ll be halfway there then. The only thing I’ll have to fudge with is my prescriptions. I’ve got to get them soon. I’m almost out of everything. And I need my Trazadone. I’m not sleeping near as well without it. I know I’d feel much better overall once I’m back on all of my meds. If I do get a job, I get to deduct the cost of my medications from what I make so it will put me lower on the SGA. I figured out that I can make almost $900 a month before my benefits are affected. At $9 per hour I could work about 20 – 25 hours per week. Or something like that. I’ll have to see. I’ll have to look and see if it’s gross income (which I’m sure it is). I’ll check that right now.

It doesn’t say, but I believe it’s gross income. I can call Julie and check with her to see if it’s net or gross. I guess I’m getting ahead of myself here since I don’t even have a job lined up yet.

I talked to Gabe a little bit ago and he said I should apply at the local bookstores (Barnes & Noble, local shops, etc.). That sounds like a good idea to me. I’d love to work in a book store. I’ll have to take time tomorrow afternoon and apply online while I’m at the library. I’ll also have to look at what companies are here in the area and put in some applications. I want to put an app in at Safeway. I have to do that online though. It’s frustrating to not have the internet at home right now. I could spend so much time applying for jobs online. Guess I need to practice patience.

The Red Sox are playing Cleveland tonight. It’s the 5th game in the series. Cleveland’s up 3 games to 1 but the Sox are winning so far in tonight’s game, 2-1. I sure would love to see the Red Sox go to the World Series and play the Colorado Rockies. Even if they don’t get into the World Series, I can be happy that Cleveland gets in. I don’t think I can root for the Rockies though since they are National League. I’m an American League girl!

I just checked the phone book and there are quite a few book stores here in town. I’d like to work somewhere within 5 miles of the house if possible. I need to really start looking to see what’s available around here.

Well, it’s almost 9pm, close to bedtime. I’m tired and I haven’t even taken my nighttime medicine yet. Boston just scored another run. Woohoo!

I’m nervous about our meeting tomorrow. I just want to get it over with and face what we have to face going forward.

No comments: