Friday, October 19, 2007

Got my fix

10/17/07 It was so nice to be logged on to the internet at the library. I feel like it will be easier to get through the night without being connected now that I’ve had my fix. lol I didn’t realize when I went in the library that I dropped my headphones. They were run over. Yep, run over. Rats! Now I don’t have any headphones to listen to my CD player or radio in the morning when I walk. Oh, I just remembered, I have a radio headset and I can check to see if they work. I’m not sure what kind of batteries it takes. They didn’t have any books on tape by Stephen King or Dean Koontz so I ended up not getting anything. Just as well since I don’t have headphones.

I went to my appointment at the PPWFC. Julie was very nice and explained everything to me really well. She suggested I get a replacement TTW. I called when I got home to take care of that. She also gave me the number for Voc Rehab. I have an appointment with them in mid-November. I’m not sure they will be able to help me but I’ll see what happens at the orientation. Looks like I could work 10 – 15 hours a week without it affecting my benefits. I’ll have to start looking into a part-time job now. Julie mentioned Alpine Access (or something like that) a company that employs people to work at home taking phone calls from infomercials. There are a couple of other places too: LiveOps and West. I can look into those now that I’ll have a regular land line again. Couldn’t do it with Vonage. I’m not sure if it would work out because of the dogs (their whining and barking would interrupt the phone calls). It’s something to think about though. It’s weird to think of working, even part-time. We sure could use the extra money though. Even if it’s just $400 - $500 per month, it would help out. We’d be able to get through the debt snowball a lot quicker. I’m still thinking of applying at Target but I’m not sure they will hire someone for only 10 – 15 hours per week. I’ll check into it though. I’ll also look in the paper on Sunday and see if there’s anything in there. I’d like to get something going as soon as I can. The money would really help before the holidays. We’re not going to spend much on Christmas this year but it would ‘hurt’ less to spend if we had more money coming in. I’m still hopeful of getting a job with the PPLD. You just never know what can happen.

After my appointment I came home and made my phone calls. David was already home because he had gone into work early today. I sat for a bit then went to the store for pork chops, bread, and bananas. David wanted pork chops tonight (even though I already have chicken out). So far I’ve spent a bit over $70 for groceries this week, but that includes 3 packages of meat. I won’t have to buy meat this coming week, though I may buy a big package of pork chops so we’ll have those on hand in addition to the ground turkey, chicken breasts and hamburger. Dinner is cooking right now. It smells pretty good.

DR is on at 6pm again tonight. I look forward to his show. It keeps me motivated. I looked on the DR site while I was at the library today. I didn’t look at too many posts. Checked mine and there wasn’t anything to update. I’ll try to get to the library again tomorrow so I can check my email and keep up with what’s going on with the DR site. I also checked Mary Hunt’s blog. Nothing new there. And I updated my HBIITDN blog. This is a Word update. I’ll try to get it posted tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll write more later.

I checked my cell phone minute usage today. We’ve used 349 minutes and today is the last day of the month for the cell phones. So we still have 151 minutes to use tonight. I’m going to call Lynn later and talk to her for a while. Then we get another 500 minutes tomorrow. Woohoo! We’ll need it to get through the next few days without a home phone.

Time to take care of dinner.

Dinner was good. We had pork chops, apple sauce, baked potato and corn on the cob. Mmmm, mmmmm, mmmm!

One hour until DR.

DR show was very entertaining tonight. It was informative too. It’s open enrollment time for us, so I have a few things to think about like the HSA. I’ll have to look into it further.

No comments: