Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sell everything that's not nailed down

David stayed home from work today. He's still in bed. With the dogs. I got up early today and went for my walk. I finished my book on tape. It was a good book. I need to ago pick up another one. I didn't feel like I got much of a workout today. And my weight is up a bit. I think it's because I haven't been drinking enough water. I ran out of bottled water and didn't have the money to get any until yesterday. I tried to drink tap water, but it made me feel sick. I took care of the laundry and dishes already. I'm listening to a podcast of the DR show as I sit here. I'm trying to figure out how to make some money. We don't have any money. None. And I need to get some money in the bank. Quick. I've got some stuff on craigslist but only sold one $5 DVD player. I thought I had someone interested in some other stuff but they never emailed or called back. I'll probably have to lower prices to get the stuff moving. I wish I could think of something to sell that would go fast. But I can't think of anything. Guess I could look into selling some of my jewelry. I hope David isn't taking today off without pay. That would sink us. We worked up a budget but have had so many things to pay that weren't accounted for that we're already way over the budget for the month. I want to start the BEF but I'm not sure I'll have money to do that this month. I haven't been spending much of anything. When I bought water I went to Lowe's to get it because it's $3.97 there and it's $4.99 at Safeway and Target. Also got a half gallon of milk at Walgreens on sale. Needed some fruit so I spent $2.50 on that. That's all I have spent. I'm still cooking from what's in the house. I'm out of meat, but I know I can still figure some things out for meals for the next few days. Even if we just have rice we'll be able to eat for a while.

I made some calls yesterday to figure out why I have balances on some medical bills and saved myself from paying $170. They both need to be sent to Medicare by the provider. I'm not going to deal with them until I get something from Medicare. I'm sure I won't have to pay anything. I also called USAA and made sure that I was on time with the bill.

"Beans and rice. Rice and beans. On a written budget." That's what DR says. First save $1000 for BEF and then attack the smallest bill (the loan from Cork) first. I've got to get a part time job. That's all there is to it. At least until we get ahead a bit. I should go buy the Sunday paper so I can get the coupons and the employment section. I can come up with $1.50 in change from the change jar. Think I'll go do that right now.

No comments: