Monday, October 8, 2007

Quicken

I have been totally sidetracked the past week. Finances have taken over my life. Not that it's a bad thing since I'm learning stuff, but the house shows that I've been distracted. The kitchen is a mess, again. I know it will only take minutes to clean it up though so I'm not stressed about it. I have a bunch of stuff in the living room on the floor that I'm trying to sell on craigslist. I got an email tonight about the scrapbooking stuff. I have a lot of arts and crafts stuff that I just don't use that I am willing to part with. I'm also trying to sell the breadmaker that I never use. I have to come up with some cash and quickly. I went to the bank this morning to make a deposit forgetting that it's Columbus Day and the credit union was closed. I'll have to go tomorrow morning to deposit the cash that I do have. I really don't want to bounce any checks. I really don't. I can't believe that I didn't pay attention again. Anyway, I posted on the TMMO forum last night about having trouble keeping the check register. I got quite a few responses. All of the people who had a preference use Quicken, not Money. So I downloaded a free 60 day trial of Quicken. Wow! What a nice piece of software. It does exactly what I wanted to do on the wall calendar except it does it automatically online. I should be able to keep track much better now. So I know that I am definitely NSF right now. lol Oh well. Things will get better. As I use the DC and checkbook less and less and cash and the online system more and more, it will be easier to keep track of everything. I'm really amped up about using Quicken. I can even put notes on the calendar for non-financial stuff. Very cool.

Well, I weighed in today: 251.8! Woohoo. I'm down about 22 pounds so far. I was thinking of changing my 'workouts' to include intervals and the NEWO but I'm been giving it some thought and realized that I shouldn't try to fix what is not broke. I love walking every morning and listening to a book on tape (still listening to the Stephen King one) so I know I'll get out there and do it. The other workout: not so much. I'm already not wanting to do it. But I do want to go for my walks every day. And it's definitely helping me to lose weight. Staying away from the soda and junk food is also helping. I've continued with the Frugal Week and I'm still trying to not use the DC, drinking as much water as I can and cooking meals with what's already in the house. It looks like there's 'no food' but there's still a ton of stuff. I know I can make it through the week with the food that I have in the house right now.

Tomorrow I need to try to get back on track with the house and my routine. I'm still getting things accomplished but the house is suffering, like I said. I don't like having a messy kitchen. And I need to do the Zone Work and I haven't been doing that. Someone on the TMMO forum said that the reason I wasn't keeping a check register was 'sloppy, lazy financial habits' and I agreed. I can see that I have the same attitude about cleaning the house: I have sloppy, lazy cleaning habits. The floors really need to be cleaned. The dogs make a mess of them now that the grass is wet in the morning. We had our first frost last night, by the way. Anyway, the dogs track in all kinds of stuff on their paws. I need to keep up with the floors better now that fall is here. Winter will be a nightmare!

I was up until 2am this morning doing financial stuff. I'm going to bed at a decent hour tonight. I was exhausted all day. I took a half an hour nap from 6:45 - 7:15pm. It didn't help much. I need to take my meds and some benadryl and head to bed here soon.

Not much going on this week. I have to get the paperwork to the attorney by Thursday for our meeting next week. And Friday we're scheduled for Lisa's. That's about all that's going on in my world this week. I have plenty of time to work on the house and try to sell stuff on craigslist. I sure hope I get some more interest in stuff. Not sure what I'll do if this stuff doesn't sell. I won't get rid of it. I'll have to hang on to it until I use it or sell it. I pray for sales.

Okay, off to bed I go. David and Huxley are already there. Blitz is on the couch waiting for me to go to bed. She'll go in once I get up to go brush my teeth and take my pills.

Tomorrow is another day. I'm looking forward to going for a walk in the morning. I don't have any smoothie mix so there won't be a smoothie tomorrow. That's a bummer. I guess I could go over and just buy one bottle ($2) out of the coin jar. I might do that since I have to go to the credit union anyway. Not sure what time they open though. I'll have to look that up.

Okay, I'm really going now! lol

No comments: