Sunday, November 11, 2007

Waiting...

If I can just get through today the waiting should be over. I just want to know if I got that job or not. Of course, that makes me nervous because what if I get the job? Yikes! I'd be a worker again. But I'll do whatever I need to do to help pay off our debt. We have that family loan, David's jeep and the house. Then we will be debt free. I'm curious how our taxes will turn out for this year. We haven't borrowed any 401(k) money for the first time in a long time. If we get a refund I'll have David change his deductions so we get it back during the year instead of lending it to the IRS. I just hope we don't end up owing anything for this year. We'll have deductions for the mortgage interest and for charitable donations. Not sure what else we can itemize. I'm thinking of going with a DR ELP CPA to do our taxes this year. It may cost a few dollars more then the local guy, but I'm not sure if he's a CPA or not. Just checked. He is a CPA. He's done our taxes for years, so maybe I'll stick with him. He always seems to do a good job. And I believe he would cost less too. Hopefully we'll get everything we need to do taxes by mid-February. I'd like to get them done as soon as possible.

I need to work on the allocated spending plan (budget) and make worksheets for 2008. I want to be able to plug in my new SS amount and my part-time job. It will help to see how fast we can move along with our plan.

No comments: