Saturday, October 6, 2007

Been busy

I started my day out with a two mile walk. That's my long walk for the week. I could tell that I was walking two miles. It felt different than just doing a mile. When I got home I took a shower and then had my smoothie for breakfast. Today I made it with cherries instead of raspberries. It still was delicious. I shared it with David. He enjoyed it too. I think I'm going to cut back on the protein powder though just to make it last longer. I'll just do one scoop instead of two. I've got to go to Wild Oats and get some more smoothie mix. I only have one left for tomorrow.

David and I sat down and worked on a budget today. Together! We're trying to f0llow DR's plan for financial freedom. It felt good to work on it together. I think we've come up with a workable plan. We'll have to see how our estimates differ from the actuals once we get going. I've already had to make changes to account for RX's for me and Christmas. I'm only budgeting $100 for this year. Mostly just to cover the grandkids. At least I was able to make the adjustments. There was some wiggle room for it. I won't be able to order my meds until Friday but I should have enough to last until then. From this point on, we'll set money aside each month for medical expenses (mostly RX costs). I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting and I'll have to budget those in as we go along, but I have the majority of it in an Excel spreadsheet that I've already printed out.

I haven't done much in the house the last few days. I've been obsessed with the finances again, still. There's just the usual stuff to be done: laundry, dishes, etc. I'll try to get some of that done tonight while David is gone. He has hockey tonight. It's the start of the season. I don't think either of us are ready for hockey season to start.

Not sure if we're going over the Lisa's tomorrow for the 'thing that isn't' or not. I'll have to see if David wants to go. I have the day off from working out tomorrow, so I can sleep in if I want to. I might go even if David doesn't go. I miss being with everyone.

I've been posting on the Flybaby forum (http://flybaby.forumotion.com), the DR TMMO forum (http://www.DaveRamsey.com) and on Mary Hunt's 'Money Rules, Debt Stinks' blog (http://www.moneyrulesdebtstinks.com). I've been busy! I need to work those things into my routine though instead of letting it take up my whole day like it has been lately. Now that I have my subscription to the DR forum I can ease up a bit. I only had a 7 day free trial and I was trying to get all I could out of it in those 7 days. But David and I talked and we decided that it would be worth $10 a month for me to belong to the forum. It will be good for suggestions, encourgement and support. Getting out of debt (including paying off the house) will take a long time and I will need the online support.

My goals this week were to:

* not use the DC
* drink only water (don't buy water or juices)
* make meals from what's on hand in the freezer and cupboards

I used the DC once to sign up for Vonage and I had to use it twice to pay for things that couldn't wait and had to be paid by DC (the online course and David's RX's). David used his DC today to get gas. That was on the list of things we could do this week with the DC. I've been drinking water only (today I did put some Crystal Light in one bottle of water, but that's okay) and eating all meals from what's on hand. All I've had to get at the store is milk, tp, bread, and jelly. That's not bad for the whole week. I still won't need to go shopping this coming week for much. I have a few things to pick up but the majority of the meals will again come from the freezer, fridge and cupboard. I have two packs of chicken left, so that's at least two meals there (plus hopefully some leftovers for David's lunch). I also have mexican rice and refried beans and tortillas and cheese for another meal. There's always eggs on toast for another. So, there is plenty on hand.

Guess it's time to do some laundry and dishes. Up off my franny!

No comments: