Friday, October 5, 2007

Focus

I'm not feeling well today but I still went for my walk. I just went a little bit later than usual. I'm glad it wasn't too warm out while I was walking. Today's walk went by really fast. I was listening to the Dave Ramsey show on KRDO AM 1240 as I went around my loop. I just got out of the shower. That made me feel somewhat better. I have a sore throat and I'm fatigued. I wanted to start interval training today but just didn't have the get up and go to do it. But I did get out there and walk. I knew I wasn't feeling good last night because I tried to work on the budget and just couldn't do it. My focus wasn't there. I may try to work on it today if I feel up to it. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep track of finances. I don't know if I'm supposed to enter things into Money and then reconcile it or just download off the credit union site. I'll look into that today. David and I both have are online course completion certificate. I'm glad to get that done. Yesterday I signed us up for Vonage. It's only $25 a month versus almost $70 for Qwest for local and long distance. We'll still have the cell phones with Qwest unless I can get someone to take over the contract. Vonage uses the DSL line, so I'll keep MSN Premium from Qwest. We have a two year contract with DirecTV so that has to stay for now. If I can figure out some way out of it, I might think of cancelling it. I need to do anything I can to pay off debt. If I had found Dave Ramsey's program months ago, we might not be in the situation that we are currently in, but like the FlyLady program, I'm going to just jump in where I am.

I called into the FlyShow yesterday. It was a pretty quick call. I told Marla and Leanne that I was proud of myself for making veggie soup this week. I also thanked Marla for introducing us to Jonathan Roche. I'm pretty excited about the information I heard on Jonathan's show Wednesday. I learned that I shouldn't walk at the same level every day. I need to do the intervals and the strength workout during the week and a longer walk on Saturdays. Marla and Leanne were really proud of me and happy for me. After the call they chatted about my call and how I'm babystepping through my body clutter. I'm trying to take it one step at a time and they could see that over the weeks that I've been calling in.

Brad called yesterday and I told him that we couldn't have him come out here. Financially we just can't afford it. I know he was bummed out. I told him that I really wanted to say 'yes', but couldn't right now. I did tell him that I love him and that I'd help him out if I could. It was hard to say 'no' to him. I'm still feeling bad about it. I worry that he'll get depressed because he has no way out now. He's got to make this work for himself though. Argh! My heart goes out to him.

I sent an email into the DR show and I'll be listening today to see if he answers it. There's a question someone is asking now about how to get the spouse on board. I think David wants to be on board, but just yesterday he asked for my permission to spend money on something. I told him that I wouldn't answer because he knew the answer. He said 'I know, you're not my mother!". I nodded. I also told him that we make decisions together, he doesn't come to me and ask for my permission. He needs to decide whether he wants to spend money on going out to eat or if he'd rather spend the money on groceries and/or paying down bills. He has to be as invested in this as I am. If he's going to want to go and spend money on things that aren't in the budget, then we're going to have problems. He and I need to sit down and work out the budget so he can see just where the money is going. We also need to set some goals to work toward (baby EF, paying down bills, etc.). After those things we can start looking at money for a vacation perhaps. But we've got to pay off the bills and think about paying off the house too.

I'm losing focus so I'm going to go take a rest.

No comments: