Thursday, October 25, 2007

Catching up - at home!

I did that timed typing test on Tuesday. I as able to type 50 wpm with 94% accuracy. Not bad. Most places want 25-50 wpm so I'm okay.

Yesterday I spent the day waiting for the phone and DSL to be turned back on by Qwest. I swept and vacummed floors, did the dishes and the laundry. I also dusted. The house looks really nice. Everything was up and running by 6pm. Woohoo! It was great to get back online.

I've been completing applications online and sending in apps and resumes for part time jobs. I think I'll have a difficult time since I haven't worked since 2000. But that's okay, because it will give me time to work with Voc Rehab and do some skills assessments at PPWFC. I was going to go to PPWFC this morning but I ended up having to mail off the Vonage equipment so I can get my money back. I also took time to sell some books (made $20) and answer some emails on items I have on craigslist. Haven't heard back on them yet though. That frustrates me. I'll try to get to PPWFC tomorrow morning and then go over to Lisa's at 1pm.

I did mess up today though. I told Vonage they could debit my account for $39.99 when I knew I might not have the money in the bank account. I could have waited and closed the account tomorrow when I'd be sure to have money in the bank, but I wasn't thinking. I got smacked with another $25 bank charge because I messed up. The money I made selling books was deposited in the bank and got me back in the black. For now. David get's paid tomorrow so all should be well. I called David and told him what I did. I have no idea why Vonage needed to debit $39.99 from my account when I was in the trial period and have already paid $40.43. I sent back the equipment and I was promised that I would get back all my money as soon as they got the equipment. We'll see how that goes. I also had to make a $120 deposit to Qwest and they said I should get that back in December (not sure if it will be this December or next December though - that sucks). The phone costs are killing the budget this month. Eventually it might all work out that I'll save money, but right now it just seems that I keep paying out money I don't owe on fees and deposits.

We've been sticking to the $60 per week grocery budget and we're way under the $250 per month gas budget. I'm still trying to cook what I have on hand as much as possible, but I'm really running out of stuff on hand (besides meat). I'll have to plan better for the next week. I need to add in more veggies and fruits and salads. We're still trying to eat as healthy as we can. It's been nice to basically get through the week on the cash we budgeted out for groceries, breakfast, chew and blow $$.

I've missed a couple days walking because of weather and waiting on the phone guy. But I did go out and walk today. I walked a bit later than usual and boy was it warm. Earlier is still better for walking. I'm at 249 now. Woohoo!

Lisa called today and reminded me to set up our voice mail. I took care of that this afternoon.

The Red Sox are playing the Rockies in Fenway tonight. They beat the Rockies 13 - 2 last night. What a whoopin'! Hopefully tonights game will be similar. David is routing for the Rockies and I of course am routing for the Red Sox. We talked to Kyle last night because it was his birthday and we talked some about the MLB World Series. Then Brad called to make sure I was watching the game and routing for the Sox. It was good to hear from him but he sounded like he had been drinking or doing drugs. He hasn't been going to see his PO and he'll probably end up back in jail. I feel bad for him but he's going to have to work this out this time.

I've been listening to the DR Show pretty much every day on KRDO and on podcasts. I get so much out of the show. I learn something new every time I listen.

The Sox are on in 45 minutes so I probably should get dinner going. I think I'm just going to make fried egg sandwiches tonight. Something easy and it's stuff I have already. Off I go to cook.

No comments: